I'm Too Young for You to be 40!

To my 'little' brother,

First of all, Happy Birthday!! You finally made it into the 40's club. Welcome. :-)
Second, I think it's very fitting that Lisa was the first to post a birthday wish to you, and it looks like I may be one of the last. She really did get ALL of the "organized and on top of things" genes in the family, didn't she? haha Speaking of Lisa's post -- she had so many nice 'remember-whens' and funny little things to write about... I was sitting here thinking, wow, did I miss out on all that? I mean, I remember watching Felix the Cat and Gumby, but she actually remembers the theme songs! And I think I completely missed Bonkers and Hong Kong Phooey - I must have been 'too cool' for all that. ;-) Anyways, for fear of bringing back any memories that may have scarred you for life, I won't go down that road... except to mention this image of dad sitting you and me on the twin beds in my room and telling us to 'sit there until we could be nice to each other' just keeps playing in my mind. I think maybe after 40 years we've finally got that one figured out. :-)

So I pulled together a few photos that I found from years gone by that I think are pretty cute. I'll start with this walk through your elementary school years...





















This next picture of you was just too cute to pass up. Remember the Easter Egg hunts at PPG? This is you at 3 years old - with a really sweet baby blue easter basket in hand - and we're all wishing we'd get the picture over with and get to the fun! :-)




What was really fun was coming across some pictures of when you were 3 years old, and they were actually from my 9th birthday, so you really were just about the same age that Lena is now. As I was looking at them and your expressions, I couldn't help but think that I've seen those same expressions on Lena's face... so I went and looked through HER 3 year old birthday pictures, and well, you'll have to let me know what you think about my comparisons.






















































Well, Mark, I hope that you have a wonderfully special 40 year old birthday celebration. I know you'll have a great time with friends and family - I wish we could be there. I'm very fortunate to have you for a brother - you are kind, generous, funny, and very open-hearted - that shows in all the friends you have and all the people who love you. I'm glad that as we've grown up, we've become good friends. I'm also proud of the father and husband that you are and happy for the success you've had in your life.



!!!Have a Happy, Happy Birthday!!!
with Love from your Big Sister... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment