Hi Mark...
Not sure where to begin so I'll just be reflective without goal or form ;-). I remember being quite irritated at you when I first met you in my apartment around 4am after a night out with Mick. I got over it quickly and soon did all I could to make sure I was in a similar "frame of mind".
"Dude, stop coding and lets go to the saucer!"
Those first years of hanging out turned into a blur. It was my first time watching someone 1st hand grow so much. Although struggling with a lot of life decisions, you always made time to have fun (play) and work hard. It was a good, healthy balance it's only taken me 15 years or so to achieve... Looking back it's an amazing accomplishment to have pulled yourself up and gone after your biggest prize. Most would have let that moment slip into the indefinite.
This is the part where we say all kinds of cool stuff about Adeline, but everyone knows how awesome she is already so I'll move right on to the stuff that I think makes you such an amazing dude... You are friendly, nice, warm, funny, smart, consistent, generous, spontaneous, incredibly goofy, and great to talk to about pretty much anything -even disagreeing with you its still fun!
I don't get enough time with you guys but I have to say, you are an excellent husband and father (I'm pretty sure Adeline and Lena will back me up here)!! There are very few people on this planet I enjoy my time with as much as you Mark and that hasn't changed at all in the past 10 years. I doubt it will in the years to come.
Happy birthday brother!
-Rob
No comments:
Post a Comment