From “Fuzy wazy” to last Saturday…

I remember the first time I met you.
It was in the year 2001, during the summer.
A Saturday night, for the birthday of Laetitia.
In the garden of her parents’ house.
You learned me this:
“Fuzy wazy was a bear,
Fuzy wazy had no hair.
Fuzy wazy wasn’t fuzy, was he?”

Since this day, I’ve learned to know you more
(I know, for instance, you don’t lie
And don’t like to lie…
Remember Adeline’s 30 years old birthday…
You phone to me, nearly crying,
Because you had to lie to your wife…
To offer her a big party !).

Since this day, I also had (and still have) the privilege of being
The witness of your wedding.
And the god-mother of your daughter…

Since this day, I can invite myself to eat at your place.
Without phoning the day after to say “thank you”
(and, as you told me last Saturday,
French people have to do that…
Except when they are close).

Since this day, I don’t know
(because I havn’t counted and I’m not able to do it)
the number of parties we already have done together…
For sure, a lot.
In Burgundy,
In Amsterdam,
At your places
(243 rue Saint-Jacques and, latter, 8 rue de l’Ancienne Comédie).

Since this day, some people around you are doing some (kind) jokes
About you and the French language.
I have to say that,
“For my part” (or “according to me”, as we learn at French schools…),
I’m really happy to be in contact with an American guy,
An American geeky guy :
You allow me to speak English, without being judged…

When I met you, I began my thesis…
Last year, in November, I finished it.
Time goes but I think (I hope) we don’t change so much.
So, don’t care the age,
The more important is being young in your head.
And you are, Mark !
Happy birthday.
Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment